What is the Antiques Show?
- We raise money for outreach – locally and further afield
- We raise money for our Ministries at St Francis
- We have a good time as the whole Parish comes together to help
For the last several years, the Antiques Show has raised between $25,000 and $30,000 annually to support community services in the South Bay and wider community, as well as our ministries at St. Francis.
The 49th Annual Palos Verdes Antiques Show and Sale 2017
Opening Night ~ Wednesday, May 31 ~ 6 to 9 p.m.
Thursday, Friday & Saturday, June 1, 2 & 3, 2017
Present this flyer for $2 off Show Admission (1 copy for 2 people)
Antiques Show & Sale Proceeds support the Mission & Outreach of St. Francis Church.
Be a Part of it! Have Fun!
We invite you to contribute to this ministry fundraiser supporting St. Francis and its many ministries. Here are a number of ways you can contribute in addition to volunteering for the many roles during the Show.
Our Next planning meeting
Sunday, April 23 at 11:30am in the Boardroom
Come join us and help in any way that you can! We have many areas where you can help with this ministry and fundraiser!
Opening Night Invitation addressing
Friday April 28 at 9:30am in the Boardroom
We need your help addressing and stuffing envelopes. Bring any addresses of friends who you would like to be added to the list as well! We will have stamps!
We are in need for someone to do the General Staffing for the show! This would involve making calls to schedule volunteers which can be done from home. A perfect sit down job!
The Harvest Cupboard will be making its famous Bread & Butter pickles on May 9 in the kitchen. Gloria Jones will need 1 or 2 people at 8am and more people at 11am. She will also provide a light lunch. Please contact Gloria Jones at (310) 375-8916 if you can help!
Opening Night Preview Party “A Night on the Riviera”
Wednesday May 31: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Tickets for Opening Night are only $25 when purchased in advance by Monday, May 20 or $40 at the door or you can purchase five (5) Opening Night tickets for a great deal of only $100! Your Opening Night ticket is good for admission on all days of the Show.
Parishioners are encouraged to place ads in the Antiques Show program. Proceeds from ads help defray the printing costs. An ad can be personal in nature or for a business. Parishioners are also encouraged to obtain ads from businesses they frequent in the South Bay. On the Volunteers’ Desk in the Church office, there are letters to parishioners and merchants explaining the ads and the pricing. Ads obtained can be placed in the “Ads” box in the Church office or by contacting Wendy Pratt or Karin Petersen.
Opening Night Silent Auction Donations Needed
It’s time to get excited and think about donating to the upcoming Opening Night Silent Auction! Everyone knows there are many amazing opportunities to participate in this ministry, and We Would LOVE to have you donate to the Opening Night SILENT AUCTION!! Gift baskets, sports packages, vacation homes, wine packages, cigars, art, gift certificates…the possibilities are endless!!! Have fun being creative and Thank you for donating! Items can be labeled and brought to the Church office by Friday, May 26. To make asking for donations from local merchants easier, we have materials that you can provide to them explaining our event and other details so please stop by the Church office, pick up some materials, and contact Jamie, Darryl, or Wendy Pratt if you have any questions or need guidance.
Volunteer Opportunities During Opening Night and the Show
We have a number of volunteer opportunities for you to join so get to know each other while enhancing the reach of our many ministries. Some volunteer needs include, but not limited to kitchen help, parking lot/traffic control, food servers, ticket takers, and many more. Please contact Jamie Bellows (310) 922-1689, Darryl Tillman (424) 634-2342 or Wendy Pratt to let one of them know of your interests in volunteering or you may leave them a message in the Church office.
Why an Antique Show???
- Without money we would not be able to reach out to others, have a home for spiritual solace, worship and joy, hire our Priests and other staff, or stay on our beautiful campus. The Antique Show contributes significantly to all these causes, and more.
- Even better than that – this is where we show how we as Christians actually live our lives in a Christ-Centered way. Our Christian life does not only apply on Sunday mornings; we bring it to our day to day life, including, for example, an Antique Show (or our jobs, or the supermarket trip and everywhere else that isn’t “church”).
- We greet each other with a Welcoming spirit, our sense of Fellowship, our care and kindness for others, even at times of stress, and our joy in being part of a religious community that takes its Christianity and applies it in any situation.
- And we enjoy yourselves as well, in sharing, in caring, and in working together in a Christ-Led way for a common cause!
What’s At the Show?
The show is a parish-wide effort organized by a committee of the Episcopal Church Women (ECW).
Or call the church office on 310 375-4617.